2020 Husky Enduro Models: First Look
Husqvarna Motorcycles have launched their new range of 2020 TE and FE enduro models – a revamped line-up of competition machines that introduce key chassis, suspension and engine developments to allow riders to further extend their limits of enduro potential.
Here is the official info from Husqvarna…
Delivering high levels of dynamic performance, class-leading power across all engine sizes and equipped with updated WP suspension, all 2020 models benefit from comfortable ergonomics and progressive design. Thanks to a new frame, subframe, shock linkage and bodywork, updated fork and shock settings, and premium components as standard, the entire Husqvarna Motorcycles enduro range will allow riders of all skill levels to easily find seamless flow while riding offroad.
Primed for the unpredictability of enduro, the new generation MY20 enduro range combines unparalleled performance with advances in engine and chassis technology. Continuing the progression of offroad motorcycling, the new models offer improved handling, comfort and usability for both professional and amateur enduro riders.
MAJOR CHASSIS UPGRADES
Continuing the brand’s leading approach to innovation, the entirely new generation MY20 enduro models feature new frame, subframe, suspension, bodywork and engines. All frames feature increased longitudinal and torsional rigidity, which when added to the new, lighter composite carbon fibre subframe, ensures exceptional handling, stability and rider feedback. New aluminium cylinder head mountings further improve handling. Updated 48 mm WP XPLOR front forks and WP XACT shocks offer simple adjustment, more consistent damping and better resistance to bottoming. Superior performance, comfort and traction is further enhanced thanks to the linkage system that reduces seat height, ensuring riding over technical terrain has never been easier.
An all-new TE 150i now stands beside the pioneering TE 250i and TE 300i, sharing the same proven two-stroke fuel injection technology. Giving all the convenience of a modern four-stroke at a fraction of the weight, the machine mixes a nimble and lightweight chassis with a compact and powerful engine. Benefitting from an electric starter as standard, Husqvarna Motorcycles’ continuous two-stroke development ensures the TE 150i delivers maximum performance.
The entire four-stroke range features extensive engine upgrades for increased performance and rideability, with the FE 450 and FE 501 receiving a new cylinder head, as well as extensive revisions to the FE 250 and FE 350. Showcasing Husqvarna Motorcycles pioneering design direction, the MY20 enduro range features distinctive, new bodywork and graphics. Allowing riders to perform at the highest level for extended periods, in addition to the 10 mm reduction in seat height the slimmed-down bodywork delivers ergonomics that ensure easier movement on the bike and confidence inspiring riding positions.
WHAT´S NEW IN 2020
- New frame on all models offering increased longitudinal & torsional rigidity
- TE 150i featuring electronic fuel injection
- New 250g lighter two-piece subframe across the model range
- Updated WP XPLOR fork with new mid-valve piston & setting
- Updated WP XACT shock with new main piston & setting
- New shock linkage dimension providing reduced seat height & added control
- All-new exhaust systems for optimal performance & durability
- New seat that places rider 10mm closer to the ground
- Improved cooling circuit with radiators placed 12mm lower
- Progressive new bodywork design offering new and improved ergonomics
- Updated four-stroke engines offering improved performance & rideability
- 1° lower mounting on T 250i/300i engines for improved front end traction
- Updated TE 250i/300i cylinder for superior two-stroke performance