2020 Husky Cross-Country & MX Models
Details and images of the 2020 Husqvarna motocross (FC/TC) and cross-country (FX/TX) models have been released today. The biggest standout is the addition of the 2020 Husqvarna TX300i (cross-country) – it’s similar to last year’s carburetted TX300, but is now fuel-injected (the same system we’ve seen on the 2018/19 TE enduro machines).
And how about that new expansion chamber? It’s a new heavy-duty pipe that has a corrugated surface to increase strength for impact resistance and to reduce noise levels.
In the motocross world, Husky’s 2020 range doesn’t get a huge host of updates, but that was to be expected after the 2019 models were totally revamped just 12 months ago. Still, the new FC four-strokes and TC two-strokes receive fresh bodywork and graphics, as well as an updated suspension package that WP are calling “XACT” – which on paper looks to be a rebranded WP 48mm AER air fork and WP “Link-Type” shock absorber. Plus, there’s an additional “interchangeable airbox cover” with all the motocross FC models. Details on this airbox cover are still limited, but from what we have gathered it’s a ventilated cover to boost the airflow through the composite subframe/airbox assembly.
Here’s the official information from Husqvarna about the 2020 range so far…
Husqvarna Motorcycles has announced the launch of the MY20 motocross and cross-country range, featuring the TC125 and TC250 two-stroke machines. Notably, the entire motocross range features striking new graphics that offer a modern-day salute to the brand’s rich racing history. The cross-country range, based on the advanced two-stroke motocross motorcycles, has been equally equipped for 2020 and sees the continued development of two-stroke technology by proudly introducing the 2020 TX300i, now with electronic fuel injection, ensuring unmatched performance and ease of use.
Focused on delivering optimum efficiency, all models enjoy progressive bodywork for optimised ergonomics together with chromoly steel frames that ensure precisely engineered flex characteristics and Husqvarna Motorcycles’ innovative two-piece composite subframe.
WP XACT suspension ensures accurate and responsive handling in all conditions, thanks to progressive settings and the AER front fork technology. High-end components guarantee all models deliver class-leading performance with CNC-machined triple clamps on all full-size models, Magura hydraulic clutch system, ProTaper handlebars, Brembo brake calipers and high-performance discs as standard. All four-stroke models are equipped with electric start as well as traction and launch control.
- New TX300i with electronic fuel injection
- Striking new graphics as a modern-day salute to Husqvarna’s racing heritage
- Progressive bodywork for optimal ergonomics
- Chromoly steel frame featuring precisely engineered flex characteristics
- Innovative two-piece composite subframe design
- Progressive settings on the WP XACT forks with AER technology
- WP XACT shock, featuring progressive settings
- CNC-machined triple clamps on full-size models
- Magura hydraulic clutch system offering perfect action in every condition
- Brembo callipers and high-performance discs combining superior stopping power with great control
- Traction and launch control with advanced settings (four-strokes)
- Electric starter for easy starting when time is critical
- Lightweight Li-ion 2.0Ah battery
- ProTaper handlebar
- Progressive throttle mechanism and ODI lock-on grips offering easy grip mounting
- Laser engraved D.I.D. wheels
- Gearboxes produced by Pankl
Arrival dates and RRPs are yet to be confirmed for the Australian market. Stay tuned for more.