New Product: Dunlop Geomax MX53
Dunlop is once again pushing the envelope in their tyre development department with the recent launch of their all-new Geomax MX53, a tyre Dunlop claims to “excel in hard-packed track conditions while also offering greater versatility in intermediate riding conditions”. So, is his the perfect tyre for the Aussie bush?
Let’s find out more about these new hoops from the guys at Dunlop…
Introducing Dunlop’s next-generation intermediate-to-hard terrain off-road MX tyre: the Geomax MX53. Designed to offer more performance in a wider variety of terrains, the MX53 excels on hardpacked tracks while also offering greater versatility in intermediate riding conditions. With its upgraded technology, the MX53 will give riders more versatility with better performance. This is in part due to the all-new tread pattern on both the front and rear tyres. A revolutionary horseshoe-shaped cluster of knobs has been added to the front tyre, and this acts as a giant claw to dig into the ground and give the rider improved traction on hardpacked terrain and maximizes braking grip.
- The front tyre has been redesigned with a taller profile to offer a larger contact patch, providing gentler handling, a higher lean angle and better manoeuvrability.
- MX53 front tyre blocks are 1mm higher and have been redistributed to give riders better steering feel and more biting edges.
- A horseshoe pattern of blocks on the front tyre reduces the stiffness in the centre of the tyre to offer greater ride compliance. The unique pattern of the horseshoe blocks also grabs the dirt to provide better braking grip.
- Block-In-A-Block technology has been added to the front tyre of the MX53 in order to aid in linear tracking and improved steering.
- The altered Block-In-A-Block shape on the rear tyre allows for added flex in the knob to enhance grip while providing stability and slide control.
- Front and rear tyres include tie-bars between selected knobs to reduce flex at the base of the knobs, improving durability.
- Dunlop’s Advanced Apex Design improves shock absorption by diffusing shock through a taller, thinner apex inside the sidewall.
- New compounds on the front and rear tyre enhance durability and longevity.
The Geomax MX53 now also features Dunlop’s patented Progressive Cornering Block technology on the front tyre. This technology, commonly known as Block-In-A-Block, allows enhanced flex on each knob resulting in ultimate grip and even more biting edges.
This bold new pattern of blocks has a hollowed-out portion on the centre tread, resulting in less stiffness in the centre of the tyre, giving riders better feedback and more compliance. Paired with a taller profile, this new MX53 front tyre provides gentler handling, more traction, higher lean angles and better manoeuvrability when compared to its predecessor.
Dunlop’s patented Block-In-A-Block technology on the rear tyre borrows from the success of the upgrades in technology added to the Geomax MX33, Dunlop’s soft-to-intermediate tyre. Incorporating these block designs that have already proven successful now give the MX53 more biting edges, increased grip and enhanced flex on each individual knob. These elements all contribute to enhancing durability and performance in harder terrains. The compound that was chosen for the MX53 tyres has a high number of molecular polymer particles. This results in a higher fracture strength, meaning more durability. Dunlop has also added more fine carbon particles. The carbon particles are what give the Geomax tyres their legendary grip. More Durability. More Grip. What more could you ask for?
Price & Availability
The MX53 line-up will be available at all off-road dealerships by the end of October, 2019. Find your closest Dunlop dealer here.