FIRST LOOK: 2024 BETA XTRAINER
Following its initial success and the comprehensive revamp introduced in the previous model year, Beta is once again enhancing its Xtrainer.
Boasting outstanding engine tractability and supreme manoeuvrability, the Xtrainer caters perfectly to the needs of riders seeking a user-friendly and versatile motorcycle that instills confidence across various terrains. Drawing inspiration from the world of trials riding, the Xtrainer effortlessly adapts to diverse situations. Whether you’re a novice in search of your introductory bike, a seasoned enduro enthusiast desiring a less demanding and fatiguing ride, or an expert rider seeking an extreme enduro companion, the Xtrainer could be for you. Its adaptability in any scenario empowers the rider to concentrate on the sheer joy of conquering the thrilling world of enduro.
Compared to its larger RR counterparts, the Xtrainer features a lower profile, a narrower midsection, and a power delivery that can be easily managed across a wide range of rpm. This ensures the bike possesses the necessary power to maintain the racing line, while also excelling on slower and more technically demanding routes that allow it to exploit its trials-inspired DNA and harness the torque of its Beta 250 or 300cc two-stroke engine.
The key features of the Xtrainer are:
• Lightweight: at just 99 kg, it’s a bike that is extremely agile and intuitive, even for novices.
• Seat height: reduced by 20mm compared to the RR range, allowing riders to touch the ground when needed in tricky conditions.
• Brakes: Nissin, hydraulic discs measuring 260mm at the front and 240mm at the rear.
• Battery: lightweight, high-performance lithium battery.
• Fork and Shock: R16V with 43mm stanchions at the front and progressive linkage ratio at the rear. The suspension can be fully customised, the forks offering adjustable spring pre-load and rebound while the shock is adjustable in terms of its spring pre-load, compression and rebound.
• Beta Progressive Valve: the Beta Progressive exhaust valve can be externally adjusted by the rider, allowing engine performance to be effectively adapted to suit any conditions.
• Map switch device with handlebar button: Two positions (Sun & Rain) for faster or slower engine response.
• Fuel tank: transparent tank with 8.8 litre capacity.
• Automatic oil mixer: located beneath the seat (which is easily opened at the touch of a button), it does away with the need for the oil-fuel premix.
• Soft tyres: their soft compound and aggressive design guarantees grip in every situation, the rider benefiting from responses that are less twitchy compared to a tyre with a stiffer sidewall.
• Cooling fan: although the two-stroke engines offer good thermal efficiency, the fan is mounted as standard on Xtrainer, to ensure the engine always maintains the ideal running temperature, even on slower trails.
• Electric starter: precise and reliable, essential when restarting the bike in tricky situations.
• Engine and clutch: derived from the RR, engine delivery is sufficiently tempered to suit the characteristics of Xtrainer.
Given these characteristics, and the improvements that the bike received in the previous 2023 model year (rear subframe, intake system, lithium battery, larger fuel tank and new plastic components), the main innovation in this model is the innovative electronic key, a brand-new feature on a Beta.
Electronic key: a magnetic “kill-switch”-type key. The device represents an absolute innovation both for Beta and for the entire enduro world. The new electronic key is a security system that simultaneously performs both the function of an anti-theft device, offers motorbike and rider protection, and is an exclusive European Patent registered by Betamotor (EP3064405B1). It consists of two parts: one that remains fixed to the handlebars and another, magnetic (wearable by the rider with a wrist strap), which is disconnected to activate the mechanism.
Anti-theft function: as in the automotive world, the device precludes the possibility of starting the engine when disconnected, thanks to its code system that uniquely matches the key to the motorbike, deterring theft of the vehicle when left unattended. This adds additional security protection on top of the existing steering lock.
Greater safety level for the rider and motorcycle: with a similar function to the “Kill-Switch” device, the motorcycle is switched off when the magnetic contact point connected to the rider’s wrist and the motorbike handlebar becomes disconnected. Shutting off the bike prevents damage to the engine in the event of a fall, and provides greater safety for the rider if they should lose control, or the bike is on the ground with the throttle open. Greater protection for the bike and rider, in a single solution, exclusively developed by Betamotor.
In addition, the following components are updated on the 2024 Xtrainer:
• Seat: the foam making up the seat has a different geometry and density to provide greater rider comfort, as with the RR family of bikes. The greater support area and different composition of the materials significantly increases the comfort of the Xtrainer while riding.
• Graphics: the new graphics are reminiscent of the bike’s larger siblings. The iconic Beta red is accompanied by contrasting black and white elements in continuity with the style that the bike received with the previous MY’s restyling, but now even more customised, geometric and easily recognisable.
Availability – September
MY2024 Xtrainer 250 – $12,195.00 + Pre-delivery & On Road Costs
MY2024 Xtrainer 300 – $12,495.00 + Pre-delivery & On Road Costs