PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: GAERNE SG-22 BOOTS
The all-new Gaerne SG-22 has hit the market with more features than you can poke a stick at. We can’t wait to give these things a run in the bush, but for now, here’s the rundown from Gaerne…
“Gaerne is putting new horsepower on the ground”. This slogan accompanies the presentation of the new Gaerne SG.22 motocross boot. A model that for the historic company from Treviso, founded 60 years ago by Ernesto Gazzola, represents the natural evolution of the appreciated SG.12. The translation of the English term “horsepower” does not refer only to power but also to commitment, to strength, to the power of actions and decisions. And it is precisely this spirit that has accompanied Gaerne in every phase of the research and development process.
Soul, mind and body focused on a single goal: to create a high-performance boot, capable of combining Made in Italy craftsmanship with cutting-edge materials and technical solutions. Every component, every detail of the SG.22 has been fine-tuned thanks to this mentality.
The first innovation is the new 3D Main Body Toe Box which adopts a three-dimensional construction, characterized by a single joint element positioned on the outside near the closing lever. This allows a reduction in the height between the sole and the rear derailleur, increasing the speed of shifting.
The Aluminum Superlight Buckles levers stand out thanks to a new painted finish, and the improvements are not just aesthetic. In addition to the classic adjustment of the strap, the upper locking lever of the SG.22 can be adjusted in three positions. A system which, combined with the two positions guaranteed by the new Frontal Shin Guard makes possible to obtain multiple configurations to optimize the fit and allow easy insertion knee protectors. Near the Frontal Plate are allocated two Air Vents to allow air enter and inside in correspondence 3D channels are designed to create cavities capable of facilitating the evacuation of humidity and the dissipation of heat.
The geometry of the movement has also been modified to allow the boot to better “copy” the movements of the ankle. The goal of the Gaerne technicians is clear: to improve ergonomics without sacrificing safety. The newly designed Razorback helps to reduce the overall weight of the boot.
The Gaerne Dual Stage Pivot System 1.0 protects the ankle with two limit switches which limits the hyperextension, hyperflexion, and lateral movements. Internally the Memory foam 1.0 has also been re-engineered. This injected material takes the shape of the ankle, stabilizing the whole foot allowing the foot to become one with the boot.
The inner leg, in contact with the bike, features Grip Guard 1.0 rubber elements with a compound developed with professional riders. This improves protection and optimizes the coefficient of friction for better riding feel.
The sole features dual density inserts. Their position has been studied to guarantee grip and durability without forgetting traction and cushioning during walking. The Microshock heel features a compound with different densities designed to provide protection from micro-impact when cornering.
The new Steel Bumper 1.0 toe is inserted between the sole and the upper. This steel insert makes it possible to reduce thickness, maintain the protective capacity and reduce weight.
Finally, the unmistakable Goodyear Welted construction that distinguishes Gaerne boots as per tradition. This technique allows you to create a particularly solid and resistant structure. Durability thus becomes one of the strengths of every product dedicated to motocross. Also it allows the possibility of resoling (and therefore giving new life to the boot). The Goodyear Welted artisan technique finds a new aspect in Gaerne thanks to the use of modern machinery that contributes to raising the quality of the rigorously Made in Italy production process.
The new SG22 is already on the feet of Romain Febvre, the EnduroGP World Champion Andrea Verona, the Sherco Factory Team with the Jr World Champion Zach Pichon and all the riders of Honda Enduro Factory Team who immediately loved the decrease in weight, the reduction in the height between the sole and the gear guard, guaranteed by the new three-dimensional hull and the reduction of the breaking-in time, which allows the boot to be worn and used immediately in the race.
- New 3D Main Body Toe Box for faster shifting and reduced height between sole and rear derailleur
- Aluminum Superlight Buckles with adjustable upper locking lever and improved aesthetics
- Frontal Shin Guard with two positions and Air Vents for optimized fit and knee protector insertion
- Improved movement geometry for better ankle flexibility without compromising safety
- Razorback design for reduced overall boot weight
- Gaerne Dual Stage Pivot System 1.0 for ankle protection and limits hyperextension, hyperflexion, and lateral movements
- Memory foam 1.0 internally for ankle stabilization and personalized fit
- Grip Guard 1.0 rubber elements on the inner leg for improved protection and riding feel
- Dual density sole inserts for grip, durability, traction, and cushioning
- Microshock heel for protection from micro-impact while cornering
- Steel Bumper 1.0 toe insert for reduced weight while maintaining protective capacity
- Goodyear Welted construction for durability, resoling, and solid structure
- Already trusted by professional riders like Romain Febvre, Andrea Verona, Zach Pichon, and Honda Enduro Factory Team, with praised features such as weight reduction, improved gear guard height, and quick breaking-in time.