Yami’s Ténéré 700 on Tour
Prior to the long-awaited all-new Ténéré 700 going on sale in late 2019, Yamaha Motor Australia (YMA) has announced that three display units have arrived in Oz (one of each colour option), and will embark on a traveling roadshow around Australia and New Zealand during July and August.
According to YMA, “The all-new twin-cylinder adventure bike will appear in venues across Australia and New Zealand so that potential customers and dealers can get up close and personal with the new lightweight Adventure model.”
The three units will be presented in three different guises:
- One accessorised with an Australian off-road theme;
- One in full touring mode with hard luggage and low seat option; and
- The third unit will be standard.
The travelling roadshow will be headlined by Yamaha legend, keen Ténéré rider and four-time Mister Motocross, Stephen Gall. Other special guests include Yamaha’s Australian Dakar Rally – and prototype Ténéré – rider, Rodney Faggotter; Ténéré Tragic organizer, Andrew Clubb, and Ride ADV head honcho, Greg Yager, who’ll be on hand to discuss all things Ténéré.
“This will be a great opportunity for customers to get up close and personal with the new Ténéré 700 and learn more about it. Each event will feature a full media-type presentation with contributions and insights from our special guests,” explains Yamaha Motor Australia Marketing Manager, Sean Goldhawk. “Customers will also be able to register their interest in the new model and the related accessories, as well as some exciting new adventure rides that we are planning for new Ténéré 700 owners,” Goldhawk went on to say.
For more details on the free roadshow schedule, register your interest to attend here, and YMA will contact you to confirm your registration.
- July 8 – Mackay (Mackay Marina, Mulherin Drive)
- July 10 – Brisbane (Novotel Brisbane Airport)
- July 12 – Newcastle (Noahs on the Beach, Newcastle)
- July 15 – Sydney (Atura, Blacktown)
- July 17 – Melbourne (Parkroyal Melbourne Airport)
- July 20 – Hobart (Hotel Grand Chancellor, Hobart)
- July 23 – Adelaide (Stamford Grand, Glenelg)
- July 27 – Perth (Esplanade Hotel, Fremantle)
- Aug 16 – Aukland (1 Cascade St, Freemans Bay)
- Aug 18 – Wellington (QT Museum Hotel, Wellington)
- Aug 21 – Christchurch (92 Russley Rd, Russley)
Due to the pre-production status of these units, YMA has advised they are not able to be test ridden.