Product: Bell Moto-9 with MIPS
Bell is focused on providing the safest head protection possible for modern riders. So when it came to evolving the race proven Moto-9, they wanted to re-think a helmets ability to manage rotation energy forces in the case of a crash. And lets face it, most of us crash at least every couple of rides – whether it’s just a low-speed tip over or a high-speed impact– the safety systems built into your lid are often overlooked. So what is MIPS technology? It’s a Multi-directional Impact Protection System inside the helmet designed to reduce rotational forces during impact. See the animated example of the MIPS system below.
Bell’s new Moto-9 helmet now comes equipped with MIPS, making this proven helmet even safer. Here is the technical information about the product from Bell…
The Bell Moto-9 is loaded with features including a Matrix Shell, Velocity Flow Ventilation, X-Static Liner, Flying Bridge Visor, Magnetic Cheekpads / Strap Keeper, an Industry-leading five-year warranty and now the MIPS energy absorbing technology, the Moto-9 continues to dominate just like the athletes who ride them.
- Lightweight Composite TriMatrix shell
- Fully adjustable Flying Bridge Visor with air intake vents
- Fully ventilated EPS-lined chin bar
- Industry-Leading Five-Year Warranty
- Integrated Vented Roost Guard
- Magnefusion Emergency Release System (MERS)
- Magnefusion Magnetic Strap Keeper
- Magnefusion Removable Magnetic Cheekpads
- Padded Chin Strap with D-Ring Closure
- QuickFlip visor screws for easy adjustment
- Removable/washable anti-bacterial interior
- Velocity Flow Ventilation system for maximum cooling
- X-Static and XT-2 Padding
Weight: 1450 Grams
Sizes: XS – XXL
PRICE & AVAILABILITY
The Bell Moto-9 with MIPS helmet is available in six colourways for an RRP of $549.95 from any of Monza Imports’ Dealers.