Kye Anderson: The European Journey
Five-time Transmoto Events winner, Kye Anderson isn’t one to shy away from a physical challenge. After taking on the Red Bull ErzbergRodeo and Sea to Sky hard enduro events last year, he’s back in Europe for another round of madness. The only difference this time around is he has saved up his pennies so he can stay between the two races, experiencing more of what Europe has to offer. So Kye, what it’s the plan for this trip?
KA: In a nutshell, my partner Lesley and I are in Europe for just under two months, both racing hard enduro and travelling; embracing the European lifestyle along the way.
The journey thus far:
– First of all, we headed straight to the Red Bull ErzbergRodeo for a week. Where we picked up and fine tuned the 2018 KTM 300EXC TPI with the KTM staff ready for the Hare Scramble. Then took on the “Iron Giant”.
– We then travelled to Innsbruck, Austria and found out the Crankworx mountain bike championship was on. That was one hell of a contest to watch.
– From there we drove to Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy to hiking through the Dolomites mountain range. Walked the famous Tre Cime Laverado and Tre Cime Lavaredo stayed overnight in Rifugios Mountain Hut.
– Seeing as we were in Italy, we couldn’t miss Round 12 of the MXGP Championship, the GP of Lombardia. (Where we are up to).
– Hiking in Zermatt & Lauterbrunnen in Switzerland. Hike to the base of the famous Matterhorn.
– History tour of the Dachau Concentration Camp in Munich
– Visit the famous Hofbrauhaus Brewery in Munich
– A week training in Jena, Germany with my Enduro GP buddy, Tim Apolle. Plus a potentially a week testing with KTM R&D.
– Just over a week hiking and exploring in Norway. Experience some of the best hiking trails in the world.
– Head to Romaniacs early to do some training and get organised for the massive week of racing that it is.
Stay tuned to Transmoto over the coming weeks for detailed insights on Kye Anderson’s European journey aboard the all-new KTM 300EXC TPI.
Big shout out to Wayne Orsler for hooking us up with images of Kye at Erzberg, you can check out more of his work here.