Husky 701 Models: 2021 Upgrades
Ever since Honda’s XR650R was discontinued back in 2008, we’ve often pondered the vacuum it left behind in that large-displacement single-cylinder segment of the off-road motorcycle market. Sure, brands such as Suzuki and Kawasaki still peddle their tried and tested – but hardly high-performance – 650cc dual-sport singles, but it’s really only been KTM’s 690 Enduro and Husqvarna’s 701 Enduro and Supermoto models that have occupied the segment with machines boasting new-generation technology and performance. Unlike their Japanese counterparts, the Austrian brands aren’t content to wheel out the same old big singles year after year. And for its 2021 701 Enduro and Supermoto models, Husqvarna recently announced shared and specific upgrades that are claimed to boost overall road and off-road performance.
But specifically what upgrades can we expect to see from Husky’s 2021 701 Enduro and 701 Supermoto models, which are set to arrive in Oz in late March? Here’s a topline summary:
- A EURO5-compliant exhaust system.
- New LCD dashboard –Neatly positioned behind the redesigned headlight unit that has been developed using extensive motorsport experience, the dashboard features an integrated gear indicator, as well as an RPM display.
701 SUPERMOTO MODS
- New Brembo Monoblock 4 piston front brake caliper – When used together with the 320mm brake disc, it provides superior stopping power in all conditions.
701 ENDURO MODS
- The option to fully disengage the ABS system – To unlock exceptional off-road performance.
According to Husqvarna’s PR, “The 701 pairing is equipped for any adventure, and continues to offer the latest cutting-edge electronic rider aids and a torquey 692.7cc single-cylinder engine while also delivering perfect balance and outstanding handling.”
- New LCD dashboard with integrated gear indicator and RPM display
- New design of headlight unit based on extensive motorsport experience
- New EURO5-compliant exhaust system
- New Brembo Monoblock front brake caliper on 701 Supermoto for improved brake performance
- ABS functionality can be fully disengaged on 701 Enduro for exceptional off-road performance
- Advanced Ride Mode functionality includes Supermoto/Off-road ABS mode
- Cornering ABS
- Lean-angle sensitive traction control
- Easy Shift
- Chromium-molybdenum steel trellis frame
- Aluminium swingarm
- Polyamide rear subframe with integrated fuel tank
- 74hp single-cylinder engine
- Ride-by-wire throttle
- Power assist slipper clutch
- State-of-the-art bodywork and striking graphics
Husqvarna Motorcycles also offers an extensive line-up of Technical Accessories – high-quality items that for additional protection, durability and style to all 701 Enduro and 701 Supermoto machines.
Prices are identical for the 2021 701 Enduro and 701 Supermoto models – an RRP of $17,195 including GST, which equates to $18,795 ‘Ride Away’ – and both will be on Australian Husqvarna dealer floors from late March.