First Look: Husqvarna 2022 MX Range
Much like their 2022-model KTM counterparts, Husqvarna’s motocross bike range only gets refinements to componentry and a fresh new look with dark blue and white graphics for 2022. Also notable is the fact that, after moving away from Brembo to a Magura hydraulic clutch system a few years back, Husky’s 2022 MX models have returned to Brembo hydraulic clutch (to match the Brembo stoppers at both ends).
For a snapshot of the standout mods and componentry found on Husky’s 2022 motocross models, here are the technical highlights that Husqvarna Motorcycles’ PR drew attention to:
- New high-performance Brembo hydraulic clutch system guarantees even wear, near maintenance-free operation and perfect action in every condition
- New Swedish-inspired dark blue and white graphics create striking new look
- WP XACT fork with AER technology – optimal performance and light weight
- WP XACT shock features low-friction linkage seals
- High-grip seat cover texture
- Progressive bodywork for optimal ergonomics
- Chromium-molybdenum steel frame featuring precisely engineered flex characteristics
- Innovative two-piece composite subframe design
- Interchangeable airbox cover on FC models for optimised airflow
- CNC-machined triple clamps
- Brembo brake callipers and high-performance discs combining superior stopping power with great control and confidence
- Traction and launch control with advanced settings (four-strokes)
- Electric starter for easy starting when time is critical
- Lightweight Li-ion 2.0 Ah battery
- ProTaper handlebars
- Progressive throttle mechanism and ODI grips – to allow for adjustable throttle progression and easy grip mounting
- Laser-engraved D.I.D. wheels
- Gearboxes produced by Pankl Racing Systems
The 2022 motocross range is available from July 2021 at authorised Husqvarna Motorcycles dealers in Australia and New Zealand. Pricing is yet to be confirmed.
If you’re an avowed Husky fan and that snapshot just didn’t cut it for you, here is the PR’s more detailed insight into the 2022-model full-size and minicycle machines…
Delivering true motocross performance and adorned with Swedish-inspired dark blue and white graphics for a striking new look, Husqvarna Motorcycles is pleased to announce the launch of the nine-motorcycle strong, competition-focused two-stroke and four-stroke line-up. Developed to create superior riding experiences for racers of all ages, all models provide uncompromised power-to-weight performance, together with leading ergonomics and aesthetics, and exceptional handling.
Together with the new dark blue and white colour scheme, Husqvarna Motorcycles has improved the durability of all full-size TC and FC machines with each model now featuring a Brembo hydraulic clutch system. The high-performance component is thoroughly race-tested to guarantee even wear, near maintenance-free operation, and perfect action in all conditions.
Ensuring exceptional comfort and control, the 2022 motocross models are equipped with class-leading WP Suspension, which delivers precise handling to riders of all skill levels. Highly adjustable WP XACT forks with AER technology feature a capsulated air spring and pressurised oil chamber for consistent damping across rough terrain. Complementing the forks, the low-friction seals on the WP XACT shock ensure optimal rear-end performance on all surfaces.
With exceptional power and superior handling, the TC line-up remains the racers’ choice when it comes to two-stroke machinery. Featuring compact, powerful, high-performance engines, the TC125 and TC250 machines are modern motorcycles designed to deliver pure intensity and incredible on-track experiences, in all conditions.
Engineered to stay ahead of the field, Husqvarna Motorcycles four-stroke machines feature lightweight and compact engines that produce class-leading power and ensure incredible manoeuvrability, together with progressive and consistent suspension. Exclusive to both the FC250 and FC350 machines, for 2022 a new friction bearing on the counter-balancer shaft increases the durability of the high-revving four-stroke engines.
2022 MINICYCLE MODELS
Husqvarna Motorcycles is proud to offer a full range of minicycles. All machines provide youth-specific ergonomics and user-friendly operation for aspiring future champions. Allowing youngsters to develop their skills in readiness for the full-size machines, the TC 50, TC 65, TC 85 and EE 5 deliver incredible performance and serious motocross fun.
Technical Highlights – 2022 Minicycles:
- Unrivalled engine performance and rideability
- WP XACT forks with AER technology – optimal performance and light weight
- Confidence-instilling ergonomics thanks to a broad, flat seat and one-piece airbox cover
- High-grip seat cover for comfort
- Roller actuated throttle assembly for TC85 – smoother throttle motion and improved durability
- Formula brake callipers, clutch and brake assemblies for TC85 – excellent stopping power and improved reliability
- Neken tapered diameter aluminium handlebars offer optimised ergonomics for TC65 and TC50
The 2022 motocross and minicycle range is available from July 2021 at authorised Husqvarna Motorcycles dealers in Australia and New Zealand. Pricing is yet to be confirmed by Husqvarna Australia.