FIRST LOOK: 2022 HUSKY SUPERMOTO
Like Husqvarna’s recently released 2022 MX range, Husqvana’s FS450 – the market-leading supermoto weapon – only gets a few refinements for 2022. They include the replacement of the Magura hydraulic clutch with a more reliable and fade-free Brembo unit, along with suspension updates and striking new colours.
Husky’s 2022 FS450 will be available in limited numbers from November 2021 in both Oz and NZ. The 2022 machine’s RRP is yet to announced by Husqvarna Motorcycles Australia. But if pricing for Husky’s 2022 MX and enduro range is anything to go by, we’d expect to see a $500-$600 increase over the 2021 model’s RRP ($15,495) and Ride Away ($16,095) prices.
Click here for a vid of the FS450 in action around a go-kart track. Or for those of you who want to dive into the details of the 2022 FS450’s upgrades, here’s Husqvarna’s PR…
Maintaining its premium WP Suspension for accurate handling and impeccable stability, the WP XACT fork with AER technology feature a mid-valve damping system that guarantees consistent front-end suspension performance, even on the roughest of surfaces. Together with an easily adjustable WP XACT shock, these proven components create an incredibly smooth riding experience for racers of all abilities.
Powered by a compact 63hp SOHC engine, the FS450 delivers impressive performance, offering responsive and usable power, delivered smoothly thanks to the Pankl Racing Systems five-speed gearbox and the all-new Brembo hydraulic clutch system.
Ensuring powerful yet controlled stopping power, a four-piston, radially mounted Brembo brake calliper works in conjunction with a 310mm disc to create incredible braking performance at the front wheel. A single piston brake calliper and a 220mm disc are mounted at the rear.
ERGOS & COMPONENTRY
The FS450’s functional bodywork provides ergonomics designed for exceptional rider comfort and is further enhanced by the high-grip seat cover, which improves control in all weather conditions. Featuring a long list of premium hardware, including CNC machined triple clamps, ProTaper handlebars, Alpina wheels, Bridgestone tyres, and a carbon fibre composite subframe, the FS450 is a class-leading supermoto machine that offers unrivalled, top-level performance.
- New Brembo hydraulic clutch system
- Mid-valve damping provides consistent fork performance
- Low-friction linkage seals for smoother shock action
- High-grip seat cover texture for exceptional comfort and control
- 22mm front wheel axle for improved fork response
- Engine – 63hp and only 27.3kg
- Frame – perfect flex characteristics, advanced rider feedback
- Carbon fibre composite subframe – lightweight and robust
- Swingarm – optimal stiffness and reliability in a lightweight construction
- WP XACT front fork – progressive and consistent damping
- WP XACT rear shock – 266mm wheel travel
- Black 16.5”/17” Alpina spoked wheels
- Bridgestone slick tyres – top-level performance
- Bodywork – distinctive looks with a functional, modern design
- ProTaper handlebar – class-leading function and style
- Launch control – maximum traction for perfect starts
- High performance Brembo brakes – shorter stopping distance with greater control and confidence