Bike: 2019 KTM 690 ENDURO R
KTM have officially released their revitalised and refined 690 Enduro R for 2019, and to say we’re excited would be an understatement. This “awesome all-rounder” hits the spot between aggressive enduro, and full-blown 1200cc adventure bikes. A bike for the rider who wants to ride out of the shed and isn’t afraid to head straight into the trails and mountains to fulfil their techy off-road needs, then hit the tarmac and head to the pub for a cold one without having to stand up and stretch the legs along the way.
We can’t wait to see more about this bike, but for now, here is the official information from KTM Australia…
Ride from home and feel the adrenaline build while chasing asphalt curves toward your favourite offroad location. No trailer required, just twist the throttle of the all-new KTM 690 Enduro R, which really comes into its own when the dirt begins and the trail gets more extreme. Its new chassis, revised styling and an updated version of the trusted 690 LC4 engine, are enhanced by upgraded electronics and new WP XPLOR suspension. Thanks to the hydraulically actuated PASC slipper clutch, the rear wheel always remains under control, even in heavy trail braking. A standard, highly advanced cornering ABS with an aggressive set-up and offroad mode must of course also be included. The innovative WP forks with separate damping make it especially easy to find the optimum set-up, since the compression and rebound adjustments do not interfere with each other. A great chassis, cool looks, a powerful engine and great ergonomics all-round ensure that riding the KTM 690 Enduro R feels just as great in urban traffic and on back roads as it does on gravel and offroad. Master more challenging terrain on this lightweight, high-performance king of versatility.
- New Dynamic LC4 single-cylinder engine with less vibration and more power featuring electronic fuel injection, Ride-by-Wire technology, dual balancer shafts, PASC slipper clutch and 6-speed gearbox.
- New styling based on the EXC family for a more aggressive look and enhanced ergonomics.
- New chassis for optimized rider feel and control with a low seat (910 mm / 35.8 in).
- Fully adjustable WP Xplor suspension with separate damping circuits and 250 mm (9.8 in) of travel for the best offroad suspension on the market.
- Cylinder head with dual ignition featuring individual timing control for optimal combustion.
- Stainless steel exhaust with catalytic converter.
- Ultra-light chrome-molybdenum trellis frame.
- Self-supporting polymer rear fuel tank.
- High quality Brembo braking system combined with lightweight waved discs.
- Technology-leading Cornering ABS with Offroad mode (to disengage rear ABS) for hard braking under all circumstances and the Quickshifter+ for smooth clutchless shifting.
- Motorcycle traction control (MTC) and Street and Offroad ride modes that can be switched directly from the handlebars for controlled power delivery.
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke, SOHC
Displacement: 690 cc
Bore/Stroke: 105 / 80 mm
Starter: Electric; 12V 8.6Ah
Transmission: 6 Gears
Fuel System: Keihin EFI, 50 mm Throttle Body
Lubrication: Pressure Lubrication, Two Oil Pumps
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: PASC Slipper Clutch, Hydraulically Operated
Ignition: Keihin EMS with Ride-By-Wire, Dual Ignition
Frame: Chrome-moly Steel Trellis
Subframe: Self-supporting Plastic Tank
Handlebar: Aluminum, Tapered, Ø 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP USD Ø 48 mm
Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock with Pro-Lever Linkage
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 250 mm / 9.8 in; 250 mm / 9.8 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 300 mm / 240 mm
Front/Rear Wheels: 1.85 x 21”, 2.50 x 18”
Front/Rear Tires: 90/90-21”; 140/80-18”
Steering Head Angle: 27.7º
Wheelbase: 1,502 mm ± 15 mm / 59 ± 0.6 in
Ground Clearance: 270 mm / 10.6 in
Seat Height: 910 mm / 35.8 in
Tank Capacity: 13.5 l / 3.6 gal
Dry Weight, Approx: 146 kg / 321.9 lbs
Price & Availability
The 2019 KTM 690 Enduro R is available from all good KTM dealerships in Australia for an RRP of $17,595 Ride Away.