Alpinestars LE ‘Five Star’ Gear Set
The 2019 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship is heading to Petco Park in San Diego this weekend, with the sport’s best riders battling it out for supremacy on the dirt. San Diego is the principal homeport of the Pacific Fleet, and in honor of U.S Armed Forces, Alpinestars has released the Limited Edition ‘San Diego 5 Star’ Tech 7 boot and gear set coinciding with the race in San Diego. Inspired by the colors of the U.S Navy’s Top Guns, the boots and clothing feature a distinctive cool gray and bright red color scheme, complete with navy symbols and a warning triangle.
The CE certified Tech 7 is a technologically advanced and protective boot that incorporates innovative design materials in a streamlined boot for a lighter, more anatomically profiled performer. The ‘San Diego 5 Star’ blends all of the performance properties of the Tech 7 in an eye-catching cool gray and red colorway, as worn by Justin Barcia, Eli Tomac and Jason Anderson at the meeting, allowing Supercross fans to wear the same boots as their heroes. The ‘San Diego 5 Star’ boots are complemented by matching Racer Tech jersey and pants and Radar glove, which all feature the same technical innovations and performance as every item in our motocross range. Designed to be worn with the ‘San Diego 5 Star’ Tech 7 boots, the striking outfit is a fitting tribute to America’s military personnel.
RACER TECH JERSEY
The all-new Racer Tech Alpinestars Jersey has finally landed, and it’s a winner if we’ve ever seen one. MXstore were some of the first to put the Racer Tech Jerseys through their paces, and they certainly ticked all the boxes. The look, feel, and performance of the jersey is that of a top-of-the-line motocross jersey, yet the price is going to be a lot more friendly on the bank balance!
- All new for the 2019 season
- Poly-stretch fabric construction is lightweight. moisture-wicking and durable.
- Body fitted: cut longer in the rear area for compatibility with Alpinestars’ MX pants.
- Stretch collar neck construction for fit and comfort
- Fade-resistant sublimated graphics.
- Fitted wrist cuffs
RACER TECH PANTS
The Racer Tech Pants are all new for the 2019 season and in true Alpinestars fashion, innovation, comfort, and performance sit at the forefront of the design of these new motocross pants. Combining the comfort and performance of the Techstar Pants with the robust durability and strength of the Racer pants, these beauties are going to be an instant favourite in the 2019 MX lineup.
- All new for the 2019 season
- Innovative, strategically positioned four-way stretch panels for freedom of movement and riding fit.
- Pre-curved, ergonomic leg construction for improved performance in the riding position.
- Heavy poly-fabric reinforcement on the seat area and inner leg panels provide superior abrasion resistance.
- Includes perforated foam hip pads for fit, comfort, and breathability.
- Leather reinforced inner-leg panels for heat resistance, grip and comfort.
- Innovative 3D knee construction and expansion panel designed to accommodate knee protectors.
- 3D injection molded rubber logos for durability.
- Ratchet closure with dual waist adjustment pull-tabs for safe, personalized fit.
- Convenient interior hip pocket for key/coin storage.
The Alpinestars Radar Gloves have been the staple range of Alps MX Gloves for the past few years, and given their performance and durabality, it’s no wonder these guys have been so solid through that time. Sticking strong through the 2019 season, the Radar Gloves are back again with seven all new colourways, so there’s plenty on offer when it comes to choosing which kind of style you want to run with!
- Strap closure
- Synthetic suede palm
- Rolling palm on backhand and index
- Localized perforation on palm for better breathability
- Sublimated graphics on backhand
- Short cuff
- Thumb patch reinforcement for durability
- Puller to help entrance into the glove
- Stretch fourchettes
TECH 7 BOOTS
The revolutionized Tech 7 MX boot incorporates innovative materials and technology in a completely new design for a lighter, more anatomically profiled performer. This CE certified boot promotes core stability and flex via a biomechanical pivot while offering excellent ankle protection. The boot chassis has been designed to give complete feel and optimized interaction with bike controls, while the innovative buckle system allows easy, precise closure.
- Boot chassis designed with an ergonomically profiled forefoot and lower toe-box to provide easier shifting and improved rear brake feel and control.
- Incorporating an innovative one-piece injected dual compound foot shell with co-injected hard toe protector and integrated steel shank. The shell is highly resistant to abrasion and impact, adds to the boot’s overall durability and improves the boot’s streamlining.
- Upper constructed from innovative microfiber material that is flexible and abrasion resistant. Upper material is reinforced with PU for high levels of water-resistance and durability and improved weight-saving performance. Material ensures consistent fit even for long term usage and is easy to maintain and clean.
- The Tech 7 boot is CE certified and features a unique, high strength sole construction offering durability and protective performance.
- Contoured calf protector plate is injected with high modulus polymer for impact resistance and incorporates Alpinestars’ developed blade flex system for greater precision control and movement, added protection for heel and Achilles tendon and helps prevent hyperflexion.
- New TPU ankle protection system incorporating a biomechanical link between the middle and bottom sections of the boot helping prevent damage to the leg by providing progressive force relief for torsional forces.
- Alpinestars developed TPU shin plate and medial protection are constructed from one single part for greater structural integrity and stability.
- The TPU medial side panel incorporates an advanced honeycomb rubber insert and is designed for excellent grip against the bike while guarding against impact.
- New dual compound sole is seamlessly integrated into the base structure for superior durability and features high performing rubber grip patterning and enhanced feel. The sole and footpeg insert are replaceable.
- The anatomically profiled shin plate features a dual closure system with an internal microfiber flap attached with Velcro® for a precise fit closure while the rugged and durable shin plate attached securely with a precision adjustable buckle.
- Wide entry aperture for convenience and allows broad ranging calf fit adjustment and support.
- Innovative buckle closure system includes high-impact aluminium bridge closures, with memory settings and a quick release/locking system with self-aligning design for easy, precise closure and improved riding performance. All buckles are replaceable.
- Redesigned instep and Achilles accordion flex zones construction for superior comfort, control and support.
- Extended microfiber gaiter helps prevent excessive water and dirt entry.
- Internal lining includes anti-slip microfiber suede on the heel to help keep foot in position.
- Soft foam reinforcement on ankles and collar for long lasting comfort and shock absorption.
- New, dual compound, removable anatomic footbed includes EVA and Lycra top for comfort and support ensures even weight distribution and reinforced heel.
Price & Availability
The Limited Edition Five Star gearset is available from any of Monza Imports’ Dealers for the following RRPs:
- Jersey: $64.95
- Pants: $199.95
- Gloves: $39.95
- Boots: $469.95