LE Alpinestars Battle Born Gear Set
Alpinestars has really stepped it up for 2019 with a redesigned gearset, called ‘Supertech’; their first ever off-road helmet, the Supertech M10; and all-new Tech 10 boots. Plus, launched at the Monster Energy Cup, Alpinestars released an epic-looking ’70s inspired kit they’re calling ‘Battle Born’. Here’s the offical information about the sweet, limited edition colourway from Alpinestars…
The Monster Energy Cup is the most important Supercross race of the American off-season, with the world’s best racers competing for honours, and a cool one million dollar paycheck. To celebrate the event, Alpinestars have created a Limited Edition ‘Battle Born’ Tech 10 boot and gear set. Featuring a distinctive black, silver and gold color scheme which is inspired by the iconic liveries used by successful motorsport racing teams in the golden era of the 1970s, the kit is the same as dirt heroes Eli Tomac, Justin Barcia, and Jason Anderson wore at Monster Cup, allowing fans to show their support to their favourite riders.
The CE certified Tech 10 is an advanced and protective boot that incorporates innovative materials and technology in a streamlined design for a lighter, more anatomically profiled performer. The ‘Battle Born’ blends all of the performance properties of the Tech 10 in an eye-catching black, silver, gold and red colorway derived from the glory days of racing’s illustrious past.
The Limited Edition ‘Battle Born’ gear set has been designed to be paired with the ‘Battle Born’. The ‘Battle Born’ Racefend gloves and Racer Theck Jersey and pants feature the same technical innovations and performance as the rest of our motocross range, with distinctive black, silver and gold color combination allowing dirt riders to hit the track in a striking outfit that is a fitting tribute to one of the season’s most eagerly awaited battles.
TECH 10 Boot
The Tech 10 has set the standard for Motocross boot performance and protection for well over a decade, and for summer 2018 the completely redesigned Tech 10 boot raises the performance envelope even further.
Perfection through innovation: while maintaining the iconic Tech 10 look, the new boot represents an entirely new approach, improving its ability to give a rider the ultimate in feel, comfort and safety.
The Tech 10’s redesign (2019 model) has been guided by three priorities – the Alpinestars technical footwear development team looked to improve overall functionality, performance and safety, decrease weight and reduce material volume. Maximising these priorities is the key achievement of the new Tech 10, and the result is an all-new boot with a greater range of movement and flexibility, while offering better control over the flexion and torsion forces that significantly improve boot performance, giving the rider greater confidence and protection.
Enhanced Functionality, Performance and Safety: The Tech 10’s comfort is legendary and a key feature in making the boot a pleasure to wear in all conditions. A key objective was maintaining the boot’s feel while enhancing its performance, functionality and safety. The most significant upgrades to the Tech 10 performance are unique technologies: The Frontal Flexion Control Frame, the Asymmetrical Dual-pivot Arms, the patented Dynamic Heel Compression Protection Shock Absorber which is integrated into a redesigned foot shell and the slimmer, more streamlined outsole.
Reduced Weight: The Tech 10 is lighter, a result of Alpinestars’ technicians studying all the boot components and their connections – that is, how the boot comes together. A redesign of every single one of those components has been undertaken to reduce volume and weight. New material composites have been created that are lighter in weight and more durable to ensure they hold up to the rigors of off-road riding. The new, cold-forged aluminium buckles are a result with an easier to operate, more durable and self-aligning closure that offer a positive hold across the upper surfaces of the boot. The result has yielded over 400 grams in weight reduction for the new Tech 10.
Reduced Material Volume: The design also reduces the Tech 10’s profile and physical size. It is more streamlined with newer, lighter, more durable composite materials and a more integrated approach to the construction of the components which dynamically enhance the chassis of the boot and utilize more advanced bonding processes.
Unparalleled Flex Control: A breakthrough innovation for the Tech 10 is the introduction of Alpinestars patented Frontal Flex Frame. Combining with the dual front and rear blade connectors, the Frontal Flex Frame gives the Tech 10 a complete and seamless flexion control system, from the foot shell all the way up to the shin plate, offering high performance double motion control, preventing over-compression and hyper-extension, featuring:
- Engineered frontal flexion control offered by a dual-density TPU connector system, uniting the lower buckle plate with the upper blade connector, buckle and shin protector. Engineered to ‘float’ freely between the lower and upper boot construction, the Frontal Flex Frame acts as a shock absorber by distributing energy across the boot frame while controlling forward and rearward flex, progressively releasing force which dampens and absorbs impact energies.
- Asymmetrical, dual pivot arms on boot frame.
- A unique feature of the Tech 10 is the ankle control system developed in the outer shell construction, allowing natural ankle movement, vertical compression control and improved impact protection.
- Asymmetrical medial and lateral double pivot system for improved levels of flexibility and precision for both independent and synchronized movement. The medial pivot arm’s higher placement reduces material volume in the lower part of the boot, creating more space for the patented inner ankle brace system to have free movement and improve control. Reducing the volume on the inner side also reduces abrasion, where the boot is in contact with the bike and improves grip and feel.
- Redesigned dual-density TPU rear blade system engineered to prevent hyper-extension while offering improved flex control and impact resistance.
DCHP – Unique Heel Protection Innovation: Built into the Tech 10’s unique and lightweight single-piece co-injected foot chassis is the patented Dynamic Heel Compression Protector (DHCP), an innovative safety feature which includes a fully integrated collapsible heel area with expanded poly-foam to absorb high impact energies during a crash. DCHP features a directional impact protection system which significantly reduces the effect of excessive, potentially injury-causing, energy being transferred to the ankle and lower leg. DHCP has been used by Alpinestars athletes in the demanding environments of professional Supercross and Motocross.
New Inner Ankle Brace: One the Tech 10’s defining features is the redesigned bio-mechanical inner ankle brace. Patented technology which features:
- Lighter, anatomically redesigned medial and lateral torsion arms which are compact and offer increased range of movement and control. In conjunction with the outer boot chassis, the ankle brace gives vertical and lateral protection from ankle and leg compression and rotation and progressive damping of torsional forces during an accident, while still allowing natural freedom of movement.
- Double pivot system allows the Tech 10 to retain its integrity while flexing which removes the need for alternative torsion bars for varying ankle widths and crucially gives the essential progressive resistance to rotational and vertical forces which, otherwise, are so damaging to ankles, knees, upper legs and pelvis if not arrested in a controlled way.
- New low-profile, pull-on design for reduce material build, less weight and to facilitate easier and quicker wearing.
- Innovative flexion inserts work seamlessly with new Tech 10’s flex support system for ultimate in performance.
- TPU protection and shock absorbing padding on the heel and ankles and an ultra-thin and flexible forefoot area for increased sensitivity and control.
- Dual compound removable anatomic footbed includes EVA for comfort and support and aids even weight distribution.
Anatomical Shin and Calf-Plates: The Tech 10 design is slimmer and more streamlined with a contoured calf protector ergonomically wrapping around the rear leg. Constructed from a dual density compound and combined with the rear blade system, protection is enhanced with progressive dampening of excessive torsional orces. The energy dissipating shin plate features a new anatomic design for reduced surface area and weight-saving.
Unique Sole Integration: Completely re-designed sole with proprietary grip sculpturing to improve foot-peg performance, grip and mud and water run-off. Exclusive dual compound sole is seamlessly integrated to the multi-density foot base structure with built- in support. The sole offers superior durability, grip and feel while riding and improved performance on the shifter. The central sole insert features micro grip and side hooking grip design. It is easily replaceable and Alpinestars offers a full sole replacement and boot repair service.
Buckle Closure System: Anatomically optimized re-designed for weight-saving and ergonomics, the new triple buckle closure system features a nylon and fiberglass compound for improved durability and strength. New slim-line buckles include high-impact bridge closures which are cold forged for precision and strength. The closure system features contra-closure, doubling closure security and a quick release/locking system with self-aligning, memory, design for easy, precise closure and improved riding performance and security. All buckles are easily replaceable.
Innovative, Lightweight Upper Construction: The Tech 10 chassis combines advanced lightweight microfiber and impact and abrasion resistant TPU shell.
Foot shell features five different compounds in a single lightweight piece to offer strength while maintaining flexibility and structural integrity. Foot shell incorporates heel and toe protection that is highly resistant to abrasion and impact and adds to the boot’s overall durability. Foot shell also includes integrated shank for support and structural integrity.
Frontal protection features a dual closure system with an internal microfiber flap, plus hook and loop fasteners for a precise fit closure beneath the buckle giving greater, micro-adj stable, precision which is convenient to operate. Soft microfiber gaiter helps seal out excessive water and dirt entry.
Poly-fabric lining with 3D open cell foam incorporates anti-slip suede in heel area, keeping the foot located inside the boot.
The Supertech Jersey is Alpinestars lightest ever MX jersey, featuring a host of race-proven technologies such as the innovative floating arm construction for superior freedom of movement and an extended back panel to maintain a flawless riding fit.
- Ultra-lightweight advanced fabric main construction for moisture-wicking and performance fit. Jersey features a more fitted, lightweight design.
- Chassis consists of stretch mesh chassis with open mesh inserts on arms and side torso for high levels of cooling airflow.
- Innovative, fully floating arm construction offers excellent freedom of movement.
- Neck and sleeves feature fully tape-welded hems for reduced weight and improved levels of comfort.
- Pre-curved sleeves for maximum comfort and performance fit.
- Extended rear design helps maintain perfect riding fit.
- Sublimated fade-resistant graphics.
With a simple, clean design and an aggressive look, the Supertech Pant incorporates a host of race-proven technologies for comfort and performance-winning pedigree in both Supercross and motocross.
- Meticulously designed to a new pattern fit to keep pant perfectly positioned while riding aggressively and to offer unrivaled levels of flexibility and movement.
- The main shell extensively constructed (80%) from advanced stretch fabric for superior freedom of movement. Textile fiber composition specifically developed by Alpinestars to offer high levels of mechanical properties, such as strength, elasticity, and durability.
- Heavy (900 Denier) reinforcements on seat area provide seam strength, durability, and critical coverage.
- Strategically positioned stretch mesh inserts offer cooling comfort and freedom of movement.
- Leather panels on inner leg provide heat resistance, grip, and comfort.
- Ratchet waist closure system offers precise, personalized and secure fit. Waist incorporates stretch inserts for adaptive fit and comfort.
- TPU reinforced knee area and on the back for lightweight abrasion resistance.
- Welded hems on leg strength and reduced weight. Leg cuffs also feature stretch insert for easy on and off access.
- Advanced poly-fabric mesh lining offers comfort and internal cooling. Interior brushed effect for excellent skin-contact comfort.
A multi-material, durable glove optimized for tough terrains, the Racefend Glove incorporates a stretch textile upper, TPR inserts on the knuckle and wrist, plus synthetic suede palm reinforcements for excellent levels of comfort, grip and performance.
- Stretch top hand with strategically positioned Neoprene for comfort and fit.
- Single-piece suede palm offers excellent grip and sensitivity on the bike’s controls.
- Clarino reinforcements on thumb and landing zone for durability and comfort.
- Localized perforation for strategic ventilation and focused airflow.
- TPR inserts on knuckles and wrist strap for additional abrasion resistance.
- Hook and loop grip and TPR wrist adjustment for secure, customized fit.
- Silicone grip patterning on fingers for improved riding control.
- Stretch textile finger sidewalls for freedom of movement.
- Innovative stretch inserts in adductor (palm and thumb) for improved hand movement and lever control.
Price and Availability
The Limited Edition Battle Born gearset is available from any of Monza Imports’ Dealers for the following RRPs:
- Jersey: $64.95
- Gloves: $59.95
- Boots: $699.95