Two Weeks Until Hustle
The ‘run what ya brung’ dirt flirt for anyone to ride any bike will be rolling into Queensland Moto Park (QMP) on Saturday, 25 May, 2019 and making use of three tracks, two of which get specifically built just for the event. You must still be on dial-up (or the NBN) if you haven’t seen photos of the event flying around, because it’s their sixth year putting polish on the inappropriate, all in the name of good old fashioned moto fun. Whether you’re on a modern 450 or own an Uber Eats scooter there’s a class for you.
Keen to check it out? Rider tickets are $125 or if you just want to watch spectator entry is $5 with kids u/16 free. So for spectating it’s probably the best value motorsport entertainment going.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Over 200 legendary muppets riding everything from Honda posties to Harley hogs around three dirt tracks that they probably shouldn’t be on, all in the name of amusement of course. Plus a trackside bar, rider and spectator prizes, bike demos, product displays and some tasty food trucks, it’s a rad reason to drag the road bike or the family wagon out for a look.
1. Small Bike Burners: This growing group is open to any clutchless bikes plus other small bikes with clutches under 150cc. Get the Groms out and tear the tarp off the old farm bike because the small bore battle just got interesting.
2. Risky Road Bikes: A road bike that is road legal (or close to), a daily ride, a weekend tarmac warrior or highway cruiser. You never know where the skills picked up here will help. Plus it’s super inappropriate, so possibly the most fun and impressive category.
3. Old Mates (Pre ’90): Roll out the vintage and classic steeds; this pre-1990 only class is open to anything old and awesome. An eclectic mix of desert sleds and pan heads will opt to take part in this jalopy jive category. A number of $500 gumtree specials will be mixing it up in this category too.
4. Enduro & MX: A class for those who regularly like to get their ‘plumbs in the crumbs’. Expect some interesting outfits in this group, just for some extra ‘spice’ on these mainstream machines. Non-registered bikes are a-ok, with no limit on engine size.
1. “The Hollywood Hillbilly” Natural Terrain MX Track: This one’s your big boy. The ‘Hollywood’ makes use of the popular Natural Terrain motocross track at QMP but with the jumps a little rounded so no one is crushed by a Harley. Elevation changes, ripe loam and big berms make this one radical track.
2. “The Decision Faker” Inappropriate Enduro: The surprise packet, a small but stupidly fun track. Riders can choose their own adventure where the tracks splits; stick to the bottom section and try out the mini table tops or take a challenge and head up the enduro hill. Took the wrong turn? They’ll just fake it till they make it.
3. “The Moto Mowers” Flat Grass Track: New for 2019, we’ve laid out an epic grass track with corners for flopping and a big straight for chopping. Reducing radius bends and sharp corners will give out a few grass stains as we clipper this course faster than Jim’s mower on race juice.
• When: Saturday, May 25, 2019
• Time: 8am-8pm (Riding from 9am-4pm)
• Where: Queensland Moto Park, Goan Road, Coulson, Qld, 4310
• Riders: $125.00 (Includes two nights camping, no entries on the day)
• Spectators: $5.00, kids u/16 free (spectator camping $10)
You’ve read enough, now go enter you and your mates into Dust Hustle 8 now.