Review: M2R X4.5 Helmet
A product the Transmoto team has tried, tested and would recommend to a mate.
What is it?
M2R’s all-new x4.5 lightweight lid is designed for those who’re after a lightweight helmet, but don’t want to sacrifice top-of-the-line protection. It features M2R’s unique impact-protection shield that works like the MIPS technology seen on most all of the new quality helmets in Oz. It’s a high-quality helmet that won’t leave you with an empty wallet.
Why We Rate It?
- It’s a super lightweight lid that looks good yet has all the essential safety features to keep your melon safe.
- Like most top-of-the-line helmets coming onto the scene, it’s really important for the unit to be easily removable in the case of a serious crash. M2R have an ESRS (emergency safety removal system) built-in to make the cheek pads easily removable allowing the helmet to be lifted off the rider without putting tension on the neck.
- It is available in 11 different colours/styles to suit any riding gear.
- The overall form of the helmet accommodates every kind of goggle-type I tested with ease. Everything from Dragon NFX2s to Oakley Airbrakes fit well around the riders face plus held the strap snug all the way around the helmet.
- It’s very well ventilated with numerous exhaust and inlet vents that proved to keep your head cool in 30 degree plus temperatures.
- It features an easily removable interlining, that’s hand washable and clips back into the shell of the helmet with ease.
- This can be seen as a pro or con, (depending on the helmet style you are into) the elongated nature of the lid was quite different to the shorter more stunted helmets I have worn in the past. The visor was just long enough to be a distraction and combined with wearing a neck brace it was a little tricky see past when looking up. The visor simply doesn’t tilt high enough for it to be out of the way of your vision.
- Because the cheek pads are designed to be pulled out easily in the case on an emergency they have the tendency to come unclipped when putting on/taking off the helmet.
The M2R x4.5 helmet is available in 11 colours, in sizes XS to XXL, from all good motorcycle stores for an RRP of $449.95. Visit www.mcleodaccessories.com.au to find your closest dealer.