PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: Thor Reflex Helmet
With so many high-quality top-of-the-line helmets on the market today, we are spoilt for choice. This new-look Reflex helmet not only looks the goods, but it’s packed with a raft of unique safety tech and stylish design features to keep your melon safe and cool.
Here’s the official product breakdown from Thor…
The Reflex helmet embodies the infusion of style and technology. Available with a carbon fibre or fibreglass composite shell, the Reflex offers superior technology with Koroyd® technology integrated into a premium dual-density EPS liner in conjunction with MIPS® Brain Protection System. The Reflex is a helmet that is as much a work of art as it is purpose-built to support a racer’s needs when things go wrong out on the track.
The Reflex helmet is the culmination of rider input and technical innovation resulting in a helmet that is as much a work of art as it is purpose-built to support racers’ needs when things go wrong out on the track. The new Reflex helmet embodies the infusion of style and technology to create a class-leading product that is essential for riders at the highest level of the sport.
- THE ULTIMATE DAMAGE CONTROL SYSTEM
– Koroyd’s welded tubes crumple instantly and consistently on impact, absorbing maximum force in a controlled manner, minimizing energy transferred to your head.
- ADVANCED BREATHABILITY AND COOLING
– Air flows consistently through the open-cells, whilst hot air from your head can easily escape to ensure more efficient cooling in the most intense conditions.
- DIRECT & ANGLED IMPACT PROTECTION
– This unique behavior helps to protect your skull and brain from direct and angled impacts which may reduce the risk of suffering a life-changing injury.
- MIPS® INSIDE
– The MIPS® Brain Protection System (BPS) is designed to add protection against rotational motion transferred to the brain.
- Pre-injected carbon fibre material sheets increase strength and decrease weight
- Dual-density EPS with integrated Koroyd
- Includes Koroyd ® technology
- The MIPS ® Brain Protection System can reduce harmful forces transmitted to the brain for certain impacts
- Contoured cheek pads with quick release pull tabs
- Removable, washable, moisture-wicking, Anti-microbial Dryform comfort liner
- Fully adjustable visor
- Lightweight stainless steel D-rings
- Thor drawstring helmet bag included
- DOT/ECE Version: Meets DOT and ECE 22.05 Helmet Safety Standards
- DOT/ECE Version: 1350 grams with visor (+/- 50grams)
From $539.95 (fibreglass composite shell); from $729.95 (carbon fibre shell) // Gas Imports
To find your nearest Thor dealer in Australia, click here.
Check out our review of the helmet when it was first released here: