Product: Pod K4 2.0 Kneebrace
Pod Active is an innovative Australian product development company specialising in joint protection for elite athletes & active people. Pod’s new patented and medically certified K4 kneebraces offer an affordable alternative to knee guards and are clinically proven to reduce the prevalence and severity of knee injuries
The intensity of modern sport places the human knee at significant risk which is why Pod MX developed their own Synthetic Ligaments to reduce the strain on yours. Knee injuries are among the most common motocross injuries, and can easily take you out of the game for months, depending on the severity. The Human Motion® hinge system by Pod is designed to mimic ligaments to reduce the strain on your own ligaments. These synthetic ligaments act as on-demand support to stave off significant risk. The Pod K4 Kneebrace is a good example of the Human Motion® hinge system in action as it keeps you safe, without sacrificing performance.
The Pod K4 Kneebrace is lightweight and adapts to the needs of your knees. Many Kneebraces impede on your ability to perform on the track. The Pod K4 Kneebrace allows you to stay confident on your dirt bike, without being constantly reminded that you are wearing a kneebrace. Motocross protection is a major part of anyone’s motocross gear, and is serious business. Pod understands this. Hours and hours of research and development have culminated in this affordable, durable, and comfortable kneebrace.
IMPACT MODIFIED FRAME
- Impact Modified Lightweight Composite frames anchor to the hinges for optimal load transfer away from the knee joint, without compromising feel for the bike.
- Our patented technology is proven to reduce the risk of knee injuries while delivering unprecedented levels of strength, comfort, reliability and performance.
NEW HUMAN MOTION® HINGE
- The intensity of modern sport places the human knee at significant risk which is why we developed our own Synthetic Ligaments™ to reduce the strain on yours.
- Inspired by the human body, our patented Human Motion® technology uses the power of Synthetic Ligaments™ engineered from Vectran Fibres™ (5X stronger than steel) to provide progressive, multidirectional motion control.
- The New Pod Hinge Housing provides smooth contact surface against your knee avoiding abrasion and delivering new levels of comfort, performance & reliability.
- CE impact tested & certified Full Coverage guards protect against impacts, handlebar strikes, plus enhance comfort when kneeling.
- The impact guards are easily removable to convert the brace for multi-sport use.
- The Adaptive Cuffs were designed to conform to various leg shapes while adapting to muscle movement. They accommodate muscle motion and disperse load reducing the risk of skeletal fractures.
- The knee is one of the largest and most complex joints in the body, with three large bones held together by four ligaments that are vital for joint stability and proper function.
- Because that reason, the K4 Kneebrace has been certified as a medical device to help prevent leg and knee injuries such as ACL, MCL, PCL, LCL, Rotary and Combined instability
- Antimicrobial Frame liners enhance comfort, reduce odour plus capture the interior straps and clips to anchor the brace to your leg, and stop brace migration during your ride.
- The brand new Quick-Loc Clip System & low profile interior straps anchor the brace to your leg quicker and easier than ever. No more waste of time before a ride!
RELIABLE & SERVICEABLE
- All technical equipment requires scheduled maintenance, and Pod’s simple modular design allows you to replace worn out liners & straps, rebuild the hinge system and replace damaged impact guards. That means you can buy the parts you need to service or rebuild your brace, at home or the track, saving you time and money.
Price & Availability
The Pod Active K4 Kneebrace is available in both Gloss Metallic White or Matte Graphite colourways, and comes in a range of different sizes to suit all riders (refer to size chart below) for an RRP of $779.90. Click here to find your closest Pod Active dealer and get yourself in a pair of K4 braces.
What Size are You?
Check out the sizing chart and video below to figure out what size brace suits your knees.