FunnelWeb Yamaha YZ65 Air Filter
Yamaha recently revealed an all-new YZ65 in Australia, and we’ve got our hands on one of these blue rockets as a long-term project bike over the next few months to test and develop. With the bike being all-new, there isn’t a shed-load of parts readily availabe for it just yet. Luckily for us though, Aussie air filter specilaist, FunnelWeb Filters, has already developed an aftermarket air filter specifically for Yamaha’s first ever YZ65.
Air filtration is one of the vital aspects of maintaining a motorcycle, and one many people find a bit of a hasstle. So when you have the option to run a high-quality FunnelWeb filter – with its signature ‘Pyramid foam’ – it allows you to ride more and worry less about cleaning and oiling your filter. Interested? Here’s more info about FunnelWeb’s Yamaha YZ65 Air Filter…
The Pyramid Foam
- FunnelWeb’s profile cut foam effectively doubles the filters external surface area, without increasing the filters original size, enabling it to trap and hold far more dust on the outer surface. This means more protection to the engine while maintaining optimal airflow and extending filter service intervals.
The Filter Seal
- Most FunnelWeb Filter seals are constructed from injection-moulded urethane for a lasting, precise fit on the filter support frame and the inside of the airbox. Foam seals, as fitted to other filter brands, tend to stretch out of shape after a few cleans resulting in a poor fit to the support frame, possibly affecting the filter’s sealing ability.
Developed & Tested in Oz
- Numerous combinations of foam profiles and porosities have been tested in harsh, dusty race conditions and test tracks to come up with the ideal combination. With the assistance of Australian KTM motocross and enduro race teams, more than 1500 filters were manufactured, tested and either serviced and reused, or cut open for inspection before any were made available for sale.
- The FunnelWeb Filter is manufactured by Infiltration Pty Ltd, an Australian-owned company which has more than 30 years’ experience with foam filtration. All componentry and packaging are Australian-made and the product is assembled in a manufacturing facility in Newcastle, NSW.
- FunnelWeb Filter has been developed for more than five years in Oz with the help of the Motorex KTM Off-Road Factory Racing team.
Price & Availability
This filter is available for the 2018-model Yamaha YZ65 for an RRP of $27.50. You can find this filter and the rest of the range at www.lustyindustries.com
Stay tuned to Transmoto’s channels for a full review on this product in the coming months.