2023 HUSQVARNA FS450: UNVEILED
All-new for 2023, Husqvarna Motorcycles’ FS450 continues its legacy as a premium supermoto racer. Designed and developed to offer outstanding supermoto performance, the FS450 is expertly crafted with the latest technology and competition-focused components to create a highly capable circuit racing machine. Finished with new bodywork and improved ergonomics for 2023, the FS450 is complete with striking white and grey graphics for a distinctive look.
Powered by a new 450cc SOHC four-stroke engine, the performance characteristics of the FS450 can be fine-tuned using the updated map select switch mounted on the ProTaper handlebars. This sophisticated device allows for full customisation of the machine as it controls the activation of launch control, traction control and the new Quickshifter, which ensures seamless upshifts.
A new hydro-formed frame enhances rider feedback with the new polyamide-reinforced aluminium subframe playing a vital role in aiding handling and ensuring comfort. Together with the latest WP suspension and a repositioned engine that improves mass centralisation, the FS450 delivers an exceptional on-track experience for all riders.
Assembled skillfully with quality, supermoto-specific hardware including Alpina wheels, a Suter anti-hopping clutch, and high performance Brembo brakes, the FS450 is undoubtedly built for competition.
With all these performance-focused technical advancements, the FS450 unquestionably remains as the most powerful, best handling, and most complete supermoto machine on the market today.
2023 FS450 – TECHNICAL HIGHLIGHTS
- New bodywork with specifically tailored ergonomics for easier movement on the motorcycle.
- New hydro-formed chromium molybdenum frame significantly improves anti-squat behaviour.
- New SOHC engine provides class-leading performance and low weight.
- New Quickshift sensor ensures seamless up-shifting.
- High-performance Brembo hydraulic clutch system.
- New aluminium-polyamide hybrid subframe construction provides specifically calculated rigidity and advanced durability.
- New WP XACT 48mm front forks with AER technology offer more progressive end-of-stroke damping.
- New WP XACT rear shock design with CFD-optimised main piston and tool-free adjusters.
- New multifunctional map switch, which also activates the Quickshifter, traction control and launch control.
- Premium-quality ProTaper handlebars.
- Electric starter powered by a lightweight Li-Ion 2.0Ah battery.
To further customise the FS450, a concise selection of high-quality Technical Accessories is available from your local Husqvarna Motorcycles dealership. Each component on offer is designed to enhance on-track performance, reduce weight, or add durability to this exceptional supermoto machine. For enhanced rider safety and unrestricted performance, a premium collection of supermoto-specific Functional Apparel combines innovative technical features for improved comfort, protection, and style.
The 2023 FS450 will be available in very limited numbers from authorised Husqvarna Motorcycles Dealers in Australia and New Zealand from October, 2022. Pricing is yet to be confirmed.