What is it?
The Transmoto 6-Hour is a unique, team-based dirt bike event that’s somewhere between a recreational trailbike rally and an enduro race. It’s a shorter, punchier, less challenging version of the notorious Transmoto 12-Hour, which has been running since 2011, but still caters to riders of all levels. And, in keeping with the 12-Hour’s successful recipe, the 6-Hour focuses on fun-factor rather than officialdom.
Where is it?
The Conondale Transmoto 6-Hour will be held at the legendary Green Park circuit in Queensland, featuring sections of the world-famous motocross track, creek crossings, lush rainforest, hill climbs, grasstrack and flowing bush tracks crafted by the Sunshine Coast MCC crew. Both registered trailbikes and non-registered motocross bikes are welcome, and that there’s no need to have a road motorcycle licence to take part. Green Park is approximately 110km north of Brisbane in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland near the town of Maleny, which has great hotels and other accommodation available.
WHO CAN RIDE?
The 6-Hour is designed for riders of all levels. It brings together the country’s fastest Pro riders and recreational riders who are entering their first ever race. In fact, the ability for faster riders to navigate their way through slower riders in a safe and courteous manner is a key skill for a winning team to master.
When is it?
This year’s Conondale Transmoto 6-Hour will take place on the weekend of August 18-19, 2018. Registration starts at noon on Saturday, with racing on Sunday.
What Classes are Available?
You can enter as an Ironman, Pair (two riders) or a Team (of 3 riders).
All Teams need to enter under one of seven ‘Team Categories’:
- ‘Young Guns’ (all riders under 23);
- ‘Wise Wizards’ (average age of at least 50);
- ‘Mixed’ (at least one female rider);
- ‘Wonder Women’ (all female riders);
- ‘Media & Promoters’ (media outlets and/or event promoters); or
- ‘Chook Chasers’ (all pre-1995 bikes).
- Trail/enduro and MX bikes welcome
- Ironman, Pair and Team (of 3) classes available
- 15-20km loop includes hand-cut trails, virgin grasstrack and natural-terrain sections of the infamous Green Park MX track
- Two nights’ free camping (Sat and Sun, entrants only)
- Free Conondale 6-Hour T-shirt
- Food and drinks available all weekend
- Toilet and shower facilities on site (no powered sites available)
- BYO BBQ and beers
- Lots of prizes up for grabs
- Free entry for spectators
- Free access to trade alley
- No motorcycle licence required
- Must be at least 16 years old (as of the weekend the event is held) to enter.
Still need some convincing to sign up? Check out the highlights video from last year’s event below, and we’re sure you’ll be packing your gearbag in no time.
Entry fees for the 2018 Transmoto 6-Hour remain unchanged from last year: $675 for a Team (of 3), $500 for Pairs, and $300 for Ironman.
Like our Facebook page for timely Transmoto 6-Hour updates.
VISIT SUNSHINE COAST
There are plenty of things to see and do in the area so why not make the most of your journey by tacking on a side-trip to one of the region’s attractions. Check out www.visitsunshinecoast.com for suggestions of where to go, what to do and where you can stay with friends and/or family.